Add Question

Question Title

Would you rather...

Blue Option
Red Option
 

 

Back to top

Would you rather...

44% Be as you are now

56% Have 100 million dollars, but have a 5% chance of instant death

Would you rather...

44%
612,253 disagree
Be as you are now
56%
781,454 agree
Have 100 million dollars, but have a 5% chance of instant death

Risky Business

added by Zack
Loading Comments…
  • Meta Votes1,393,707 votes
  • Tags
Unmoderated: This question has not been reviewed by Either moderators. Content may be misformatted, offensive or inappropriate in nature.

946 comments

  • 346

    joner008

    8 years ago

    I chose wrong and now realize that having 100million$ would actually be the better choice b/c you'd have all the money in the world PLUS you'd actually have less of a chance dying than any normal person... because everyone has at least a 5% chance of instant death at any time in their lives... people die all the time from every cause.. you never know... just had to express my thought... haha

    • 468

      Christian

      6 years ago

      Where the fuck did you get that statistic?

    • 146

      Bob

      6 years ago

      No dude..people don't die by chance in any sense. And if that would actually be true as you say...if there is a 5% chance of death at ANY time. Let's say that refers to every second..the chance you would die within the hour is 95% or 0,05^3600 and that is just plain retarded.

    • 51

      Freq-Sho

      6 years ago

      I'd like to say your statistic belief has left me a little cross eyed. It makes no sense. If I die then it's no pain or anything so I would be dead hell if I care what happened if I do live 100million dollars is set for life money

    • 114

      Cassy Frierson

      6 years ago

      I love that you think there is only $100 million dollars in the world...

    • 144

      Isaac Willcox

      6 years ago

      Theres a 100% chance we're all dying so fuck it.

    • 31

      DrAvvesome13

      6 years ago

      Yeah 5% is very low compared to normal people

    • 11

      Ryab

      6 years ago

      All the money in the world? Try saying that to the Billion £ deals companies make.

    • 23

      ossmosse

      6 years ago

      He's saying 100Mil will set you for life, 'all the money in the world' is a simile. Also the statistic is wrong and who cares about billion dollar deals when you can buy a jetpack. BOOM

    • 7

      Asti02

      5 years ago

      ppl could kill you for your money

    • 8

      Mayonnaise

      5 years ago

      Never say's when the instant death starts.

    • 6

      berenkuntz

      5 years ago

      asti02 of course you can hire bodyguards to protect yourself. and invent a indistructible safe for wich only you know the code. problem solved!

    • 10

      warriordude

      5 years ago

      if you really think all the money in the world is fucking 100m dolars you are a retard sir

    • 14

      gills

      5 years ago

      ever used the move tackle in pokemon..... that has a 95% chance to hit, with a 5% chance to miss. Its misses all the damn time!

    • 3

      Foxy Boxes

      5 years ago

      Or you could just fake your own death? Legally, you just died.

    • 13

      Fus-Ro-Dah

      5 years ago

      I get $100,000,000, and my chance of death decreases from 100% to 5? @#$% Yeah!

    • 11

      Max

      5 years ago

      Even if u did die, at least it wouldn't hurt. (Instant death duh)

    • 2

      Marcel Sewerin

      5 years ago

      A 5% chance all the time? You would be so dead by now, dude.

    • 4

      Mateo Codesido

      5 years ago

      you always have 100% of dying probability, or at least a 90, a five would make you live longer really

    • 2

      Jake Miller

      5 years ago

      There's is actually a metaphorical amount of money bunched with the physical value which represents all possible amounts of money represented through technology such as debts and loans, etc. It's known as M1 and is approximately $75 Trillion.

    • 1

      Jake Miller

      5 years ago

      M3*, I'm retarded.

    • 3

      Cody Dudash

      4 years ago

      since when is $100 million all the money in the world?

    • 6

      Cody Dudash

      4 years ago

      Your statistic is bullshit. If there was alwaya a 5% chance of dying, than 5% of thw worldb population (roughly 350,000,000 people) would die at any given moment.

    • 3

      asgth th

      4 years ago

      im pretty sure it is when you get the money not every second/minute/hour etc

    • 0

      FreakiestAlmond

      4 years ago

      I think joner008 means that at any given monent there is a 5% chance of death.

    • 0

      glitchface

      4 years ago

      that's a 1 in 20 chance all the time... nope

    • 4

      RiddleMeThis

      4 years ago

      How can there be only 100 million dollars in the world when there are billionaires?

    • 0

      BigDog

      4 years ago

      5 people in the UK die just from falling out of bed every year 5% chance is kinda low

    • 0

      Orachi

      4 years ago

      take a risk and you have 1% chance of death between meteors lightning and shit another 3% once you get outside by cars falling shit and so on so yeah win win situation

    • 1

      Jonas

      4 years ago

      100 million dollars is all the money on earth?!?! Please tel me how the U.S alone spends billions on military equipment, then.

    • 2

      Kai_Zakry

      4 years ago

      I read it wrong and thought it said 5% chance to live and not have instant death... -_-

    • 0

      Wesley Wingerde

      4 years ago

      Correction you are never certain it is 50/50 you die or you don't

    • 4

      Samira Christle

      4 years ago

      You guys are dumb. "All the money in the world" was likely figurative speech.

    • 2

      Samira Christle

      4 years ago

      You guys are dumb. "All the money in the world" was likely figurative speech.

    • 0

      Silvan Alig

      3 years ago

      You da real mvp

    • 0

      Connor Guiberson

      3 years ago

      NFL itself is an 18billion dollar company. 100 million aint eben a blip on the map, no where near all the money n the world. Though the 5% chance is mostly roght. Murphy's law applies more than you think and you really never know but chance of death fluctuates

    • 0

      Samuel

      2 years ago

      I think it is a 5% chance when you get 100 million dollars.

    • 0

      ................

      2 years ago

      but it could mean that u have a higher chance of slowly dieing painfully

    • 1

      TheYappster

      2 years ago

      The chances are very low

    • 4

      Adam

      2 years ago

      Uhh, if everyone in every moment had a 5% chance to die, we'd all die instantaneously. Assuming a "moment" is an infinitely small space of time. Even if a "moment" was a week, we wouldn't have much longer to live...

    • 1

      Cagney

      2 years ago

      Well if im going to die might as well be instant and 5% chance of not having 100 million set for life good deal

    • 0

      maddogmarto

      2 years ago

      Which means you would have a 10% chance of instant death...

    • 0

      Teh Matocan

      2 years ago

      America is trillions of dollars in debt... XD

    • 1

      SweotS

      2 years ago

      100 Million $.. quite alot but... Not worth it, since 100 Million $ is only enough to live without working for about 20 years.

    • 1

      Bung le booster

      2 years ago

      Crap i chose wrong that was a good one!

    • 0

      flyboy59

      2 years ago

      Hey! I'm alive!! Woo Hoo!!!

    • 0

      josiah

      2 years ago

      Oh no, now im confused

    • 2

      boss1

      2 years ago

      100 million isn't all the money in the world

    • 0

      lost pause

      2 years ago

      fuck it. i like to live life on the edge

    • 1

      Sam

      2 years ago

      Hey ma I just got 100 million dollars we are rich!

    • 0

      samerson88

      2 years ago

      More like a .005% chance

    • 1

      Gustavo Gamer10

      2 years ago

      But then you would have 10% of dying

    • 1

      Gustavo Gamer10

      2 years ago

      But then you would have 10% of dying

    • 0

      I Like Bread

      2 years ago

      I already have a 5% chance of instant death!

    • 0

      Natasha Atkins

      2 years ago

      So true

    • 0

      Edrianne

      2 years ago

      Dude 5% is very low

    • 0

      Diannca Hogan

      2 years ago

      Have a 5% chance of dieing mean you got 2 more days

    • 0

      Sniperviper

      2 years ago

      god dammit

    • 0

      Jasaire

      1 year ago

      Hell Naw Am i haveing a 5 percent chance to die

    • 0

      Bob

      1 year ago

      5% is really high, wtf is everyone talking about? That's 1 in 20.

    • 0

      manmanboy

      1 year ago

      1.I like to think as soon as i make the "wish" the 5% goes away and if i live i am safe 2.You really think there's only $100mil in the world.... wow thats dumb

    • 0

      C B

      1 year ago

      You would also be targeted more to be killed if you have a lot of money

    • 0

      MelonAde

      1 year ago

      well if u had that much money u could buy some sort of medicine to stop u from dying, i guess

    • 0

      mauro montanelli

      1 year ago

      io sono già ricchissimo

    • 0

      Bendakid

      1 year ago

      just...boi nice stats

    • 0

      Joshua

      1 year ago

      nerd alert

    • 0

      jacksepticeye

      1 year ago

      you actually wouldnt have all the money in the world coz bill gates has over 70 billion and that alot more then 100 million

    • 0

      jiluf

      1 year ago

      e uma chance de more daaaaaaaaaaa

    • 1

      Kenna

      1 year ago

      people don't even have a 1% chance of instant death unless they eat horribly and don't exersize and $100 million isn't even a 100th of the world's money

    • 0

      GriffinDoge420826

      1 year ago

      Clicked the wrong one

    • 0

      cool dude

      11 months ago

      i have 1% of instant death

    • 0

      Sincerely Crazed

      9 months ago

      wait hold up shit.... i always have a 50% chance of instant death anyways.... i wanna change my answer

    • 0

      sandman_gaming

      8 months ago

      but %5, I would go for %.0000000000000000001

    • 0

      Brandon

      5 months ago

      Same

    • 0

      Dark Menace

      4 months ago

      that wouldn't be all the money only some of it

    • 0

      micky6gun

      1 week ago

      nah

  • 65

    annieme10

    6 years ago

    hmmm only 5%. i'd risk it xD

    • 4

      TntVideos

      5 years ago

      I dont care if Wilsons patient from House had 98% chance of living and died. 5 In 100 is near nothing. Also, if you die, who cares? You tried and will be respected for it. If you live you will be considered the selfish dude who got a ton of Ca$h.

    • 4

      Jacob Dittmer

      4 years ago

      Besides, if u died, your family would get the money.

    • 0

      Evalgra

      10 months ago

      It's worth the risk

    • 0

      SpicyMeatball

      1 month ago

      It'd be two advantages in one!

  • 57

    SnazziestPants

    7 years ago

    Either way, all of my problems would be solved. =D

  • 27

    VViP30U7

    6 years ago

    95% survival is pretty good to me...

    • 3

      Arjun Hair

      6 years ago

      95% survival rate is stupidly low. That would insinuate that 350 million people on earth fall into that 5% every day (assuming its a daily survival period)

    • 2

      Vampn

      5 years ago

      Dying is great, isn't it?

    • 0

      XYZinferno

      2 years ago

      For one person, it is great. 95% chance to live is high. When talking in numbers, then the death toll ticks.

  • 23

    Greg

    6 years ago

    Either be happy with my decision or never know vs. living your entire life wondering what if.

    • 0

      Alex

      1 year ago

      not really. If i was comfotable as i would have been to pick blue i wouldnt rly care if i cared enough bout my life. But i dont

  • 23

    Velatus

    6 years ago

    Money AND a painless, instant death. kthnxbye

  • 14

    MidiSaya

    7 years ago

    At least I won't know I died.

  • 13

    Dornicus

    6 years ago

    If you think of it one way you have almost a guaranteed shot of dying if that 5% is always active, but even if its a one-time percentage I still wouldn't take it. I've gotten my share of 1's on a D20 roll.

    • 1

      Vanquisher

      4 years ago

      It's only when you receive the money.

    • 0

      FFG_Adam

      2 years ago

      1's on a D20? Holy fuck your DnD nights must suck AND be awesome at the same time XD

  • 11

    Mckenzi Norris

    5 years ago

    YOLO?

  • 11

    GhostBro92

    5 years ago

    I like my life how it is now, and believe it or not I have everything I really need now, and money corrupts good people.

    • 0

      Alex

      1 year ago

      nah with that money ill start a buisness become rly rich and me donating to chairty wont affect me cuz ill be soooo rich. Also after getting a certain amout of money i dont care if i gain more, as long as i dont have to give

    • 0

      Alex

      1 year ago

      a fuck

  • 10

    Joker

    2 years ago

    i dont care about money i care about me. PFFFF!!!

    • 0

      Alex

      1 year ago

      i dont care bout live its all DOLLAAAAA PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

  • 9

    SaintPat

    6 years ago

    Random.org that shit, 1-100, got 79, didn't get 1-5, I'M ALIVE BITCHES

  • 8

    Colin C-Note Anderle

    6 years ago

    You people all failed statistics, didnt you?

    • 0

      billy Bob

      5 years ago

      Well why don't you explain then mister smartass?

  • 7

    Thatguy20

    6 years ago

    If I do die at least i have something to give my family

  • 7

    LilJazJaz

    6 years ago

    If I did die at least my children could inherit that money. That is a small amount of chance.

  • 6

    PeekyChew

    6 years ago

    700 people would be dead...

  • 6

    Eli

    6 years ago

    cmon money isnt that important...

    • 14

      Rythmbot

      6 years ago

      5% isn't that high

    • 0

      Jordan Reni

      4 years ago

      Yet 20,000 people just died

    • 0

      ExhaustedRuins

      2 years ago

      Because they had a higher chance of dying like stop think about people who have boring lives and would rather die this way than die a boring death. like tbh get on track here those people died not because of this

    • 1

      AllStarMusicOfficial

      2 years ago

      if you have only 5% of chance to die, you will die C:

    • 0

      Jeven

      2 years ago

      If any of you have played XCOM, you know 95% chance of survival is pretty much the same as 5% chance of survival

  • 5

    schirle

    6 years ago

    you have the 5% chance of instant death anyway

  • 4

    andy

    5 years ago

    you could just die any second and some stranger find that money and that guy would rule the earth

  • 4

    Mondasin

    6 years ago

    if I died my money would go to my parents and sibling to make their lives easier, if I lived, I would toss a few million to my parents and my sister anyway.

  • 4

    Demon1981

    6 years ago

    It says instant death, that's a million times better that a slow and painful death

  • 4

    cheesit

    8 years ago

    I changed my answer to this when I finally got a job.

  • 3

    Coon

    4 years ago

    Do people not realise how much freaking money 100 million dollars is? Or is this site just filled with 200,000 teenagers who still hasn't figured out the importance of cash. There are people around the world risking their life mining coal and other dangerous shit to get just 0.001% of that 100 million to their families so they don't starve to death. The point is 100 million is a lot of fucking cash and 5% is barely anything. I would do this for a 100 grand.

    • 1

      Jeven

      2 years ago

      Even if it was 1%, the risk would just be too great. Even if there is a low risk, it doesn't mean it can't happen.

  • 3

    Marshall Clowater

    6 years ago

    im sure everyone has a small chance of death anyways

  • 3

    Xzibitzzz

    6 years ago

    Its only 5% I mean, what could possibly go wro... *dies*

  • 3

    Andrew Ireland

    6 years ago

    At the time of this comment, 86,927 people picked the $100 million. This means 4,346 people died.

  • 3

    MichaelJacksonL.O.V.E.

    6 years ago

    My life is fine the way it is, I'd rather not risk dying just for money.

    • 1

      Jeven

      2 years ago

      I agree. Even if there was a smaller risk, that risk would just be too great.

  • 0

    yeetyeetyeet

    21 hours ago

    its a win win

  • 0

    LokiSkywalker

    4 days ago

    Your chances of dying or 1 in 20 worth it

  • 0

    Propper

    6 days ago

    Go big or fucking die instantly i always say

  • 2

    cuber

    2 years ago

    i can imagine what bill gates would choose

  • 0

    BobMcBurger

    1 week ago

    don't care about the money i'm already that rich

  • 0

    sspdboard

    1 week ago

    i dont need money, i only need the people that care about me

  • 2

    TJ spencer

    4 years ago

    Im gonna risk it

  • 2

    alphaPANDA

    5 years ago

    Some of your comments make me not wanting to live on this planet anymore so.... JACKPOT

  • 2

    Vaeldr

    5 years ago

    Today, when you cross the street and you might cross it at least 10-15 times I'm pretty sure there is at least a 5% chance of death.

  • 2

    aditi

    5 years ago

    What I think they mean is: as soon as you get the money, you have a five percent chance of dying.

  • 2

    T.P.N

    5 years ago

    Meh only 5% chance, you can die by eny thing eny time

    • 0

      Jeven

      2 years ago

      Percentages are different on paper than in the real world. It would be possible for everyone who picked red to be dead right now.

  • 2

    commanderpig

    6 years ago

    Im a gambling man

  • 2

    Johan

    6 years ago

    I like those odds

  • 2

    Shrapnel

    6 years ago

    Nope. I'm just fine with my life.

  • 2

    Sexxybait13

    6 years ago

    Id be buried in a 100,000,000 dollar funeral.

  • 2

    Petar Petkov

    6 years ago

    Well currently there is 1 in 20,000 chance you will die now so this is the better choice

  • 2

    agindoof

    6 years ago

    9531 people are billionaires

  • 2

    Silver14

    6 years ago

    I'm happy as I am :)

  • 2

    Brian

    8 years ago

    @joner008 well you'd be adding a 1/20 shot of dying as soon as you accept the money in ADDITION to random chances of dying throughout your life. So still a hard decision.

    • 13

      Kendall Walls

      6 years ago

      i'm pretty sure it's you have a one time risk then you get the money

  • 0

    GrimStomper

    3 weeks ago

    Take the risk.

  • 0

    Jacob Crowell

    3 weeks ago

    I am very unlucky tho

  • 0

    steviegamer

    4 weeks ago

    Breaking news: 39000 people have died of unknown causes, 100 million dollars found with them

  • 0

    Girl

    1 month ago

    Whats wrong with being me?

Load More

Tip: Sign up to see adult-rated questions.

Recently Answered

Either Mobile

Either is available for free on iOS and Android. You're welcome.

For iOS For Android